Melbourne Park Redevelopment
The Eastern Plaza Project Stage 1 of the Melbourne Park Redevelopment was a $366 million project led by Major Projects Victoria (MPV) to redevelop the Melbourne Park precinct.
The overall Stage 1 redevelopment works included the following scope of work:
- Extension of the concourse surrounding Rod Laver Arena.
- Improved connections between Rod Laver Arena, the Oval and Hisense Arena.
- Rainwater harvesting and treatment facilities.
- Upgrade to Margaret Court Arena including retractable roof and additional seating.
- A new Eastern Plaza, incorporating 8 indoor courts and 13 outdoor courts.
- Refurbishments to Rod Laver Arena and Hisense Arena.
- Additional parking and footbridge linking Melbourne Park to the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium.
TBH was engaged by Doric Group to provide detailed tender programming and 4D construction planning services. The level of detail that TBH was able to convey in terms of time planning and construction methodology enabled the client to showcase their understanding of this complex project and enhance the probability of winning a highly competitive tender.
The greatest challenge in providing time planning services was defining the construction methodology for this complex building, especially in relation to the confined site access and limited laydown areas available. The number of stakeholders working on adjacent sites also added a layer of complexity as the works on each of these separate projects converge at various times during construction.
The 4D construction planning presentation, with voice over, was used to demonstrate the construction methodology and was linked to the programme. Key milestone dates were highlighted on the monthly time bar below, along with a building section showing the internal fit out and other works.
Doric Group were successful in their tender and the project is currently under construction
|Client||Major Projects Victoria|
|Services||Project Programming & Scheduling|