Christmas Creek Ramp Up and Optimisation Programme, WA
|Client:||Fortescue Metals Group (FMG)|
|Scope of Services:||Shutdown and Maintenance Planning, Scheduling, Cost Management and Reporting|
|Project Completion:||2013 - Ongoing|
TBH has provided project control support to Fortescue’s Engineering and Project Delivery team at its Christmas Creek mine site in the Pilbara to assist in delivery of a portfolio of capital improvement projects. Over the past 12 months, Fortescue has successfully implemented over 150 improvement projects that have resulted in OPF throughput rates tripling, significant gains in product upgrade capability, and a reduction in safety incidents.
Capital Improvement Programme
- Strategic portfolio management and reporting
- Detailed project and shutdown planning, scheduling and reporting
- Project accounting, cost control and reporting
- Procurement and contractor management
- Management of project initiation and closeout
- Preparation and tracking of capital requests
- Development and implementation of project control processes and systems, including automated dashboard reports
- Establishment of SharePoint document and project control systems
- Information mapping of the existing business reports
- Refinement, standardisation and automation of the daily production reports
- Development of a bottleneck reporting system to improve understanding of plant capacity constraints
- Establishment of a Shift Logging system to capture and report plant process, maintenance and improvement changes, along with tracking current risks/issues
- Development of screen visualisations for the Processing Operations Centre to provide real time feedback on the processing plant key performance parameters and mass flows.
TBH’s consistent approach to project management and portfolio prioritisation, along with our consolidated real-time reporting, have provided FMG senior management with the tools to “progress with confidence” when making decisions within a dynamic and increasingly cost focused environment.