CLIENT: Sedgman Ltd
PROJECT VALUE: $4 billion approx
PROJECT COMPLETION: 2010 – 2012
Caval Ridge Mine has been identified as a quality hard coking coal resource to support BMA’s growth plans. The mine is located in the northern section of the Bowen Basin, southeast of Moranbah. The project includes a new coal mine and a coal handling and preparation plant (CHPP). The new Caval Ridge Mine CHPP will also process an additional 2.5 million tonnes per annum of project coal from the expansion of the neighboring Peak Downs Mine, which will be transported via conveyor.
- Ownership – 50/50 joint venture between BHP Bilition and Mitsubishi Development Pty Ltd, operated by BMA.
- Product – High Quality, hard coking coal
- Production – 5.5 million tonnes per annum (8 million tonnes per annum including the associated expansion of Peak Downs Mine).
- Duration – Approximately 30 years
- Employment – Approximately 500 employees
- Mining Type – Open cut dragline and truck shovel operation
- Infrastructure – A new coal handling and preparation plant with be built on site
- Export – Coal will initially be railed to BMA’s Hay Point Coal Terminal
TBH was engaged directly by Sedgman Ltd to assist with building the baseline master Programme for the Coal Handling and Preparation Plant and ongoing status. TBH also provided planning advice on the expansion of the Peak Down’s Mine.